Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Oh me!


I found this quote today and it gave me an 'Oh me' moment.....

A real Christian is the person who can give his pet parrot to the town gossip.
- Billy Graham

Wow, if I had a pet parrot would I want the town gossip to get a hold of it? Uh.... NO! To have those weak moments revealed. The ones were I lose my Christianity (you know what I mean) and say how I really feel about someone, and there is no love involved. Or that moment when just one kid too many makes a request and I let them know exactly how I would like to respond to their request. Yes, I will admit, patience is definitely a virtue that I am still working on. I have impatience down pretty good though. (Um... is that something to brag about? Ooops :) ) Or better yet when my darling husband does something that I don't agree with and I choose not to hold my tongue and get a 'bit' snarky. Yeah, right about now I'm really glad I'm not a bird person. So please, I don't care how cute you think it is, no parrots for birthdays or Christmas. Nope, no way, no thanks, please let me have the return receipt. Honestly, I don't know who the town gossip is but I do know that for now, I'm not taking any chances with the parrot.

Well I'm off to my corner now. I have a verse I need to memorize and start putting into practice.

He who guards his lips guards his life, but he who speaks rashly will come to ruin.
- Proverbs 13:3

3 comments:

  1. If you give me a parrot I will shoot it! Great post.
    Love,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uuuummm definitly no parrots here, I'd be afraid of what it would repeat!

    Great reminder T! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Theresa, thanks for stopping by my blog! I like what you have done here. Proverbs 4:23 is my favorite verse

    ReplyDelete